...

Sometimes [most of the time] I don't know what to blog about.
Sometimes [everyday] I forgot how loved I am by God.
And sometimes [more than I care to admit] I tend to over analyze every little thing and eat too much dessert.

Some days I think I need to have grace and beloved literally written on my wrists in Sharpie to remember this is absolutely true: I am smothered in layers of grace and loved and adored by my King.  Now I need to LIVE this truth.

Because I honestly forget! My days go quickly by in a flurry of: breakfast on the run, classes, work, exercise, homework, dinners with people, too little sleep//repeat.

I don't like living this way.

I never really considered myself a perfectionist, but lately I've let comparison get the best of me, and it always leaves me in a puddle of disappointment and shame. And then I want to just be better [more like perfect], but in my own stregnth I slide right back to the puddle where I started. I fail.

But wouldn't it be great if I really delighted in being loved by the One who loves me better than anyone ever can? 

...

If you know any verses that pertain to this, feel free to comment them here so I can write them on sticky notes around my room... but more importantly write them on my heart.


Comments

  1. Remember the song from Isaiah 43:1? Even though these are God’s word for Israel, we know that because of the New Covenant that God feels this way about current day believers as well. We can delight in the fact that we are His and He calls us by name.

    But now, this is what the LORD says—
    he who created you, O Jacob,
    he who formed you, O Israel:
    “Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
    I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
    2 When you pass through the waters,
    I will be with you;
    and when you pass through the rivers,
    they will not sweep over you.
    When you walk through the fire,
    you will not be burned;
    the flames will not set you ablaze.
    3 For I am the LORD, your God,
    the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;

    In the other direction, we can think of how God must be affected by our resting in His truth about who we are in Him and what He has done for us. I imagine it is similar to but more intense that John’s feelings towards the people he led to Christ expressed below.

    3 John 1:4
    I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

    It must be a great delight for God to see us give up our own striving and instead turn to rest in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lamentations 3:21-24
    Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this:
    The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
    His mercies never cease.
    Great is his faithfulness;
    his mercies being afresh each morning.
    I say to myself,
    "The Lord is my inheritance;
    therefore, I will hope in him!"

    A fresh day and fresh mercies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Dad and Aunt Jean! Great verses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have any verses to go with this, but I just wanted to say that this is an amazing post! I can totally relate to it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts