recent good reads.

How i managed to squeeze in a couple pleasure books during this past semester, I don't know. But staying up that extra hour in my loft with my book light was totally worth it to read these books:


Cold Tangerines by Shauna Niequist: Made up of short stories from Shauna's life about events or seasons or instances when life was celebrated!!! Helped me keep my eyes pealed for all the little moments that make up life. It's so easy to miss those little moments, but each one can cause me to burst into gratitude if I only stop and enjoy life instead of being busy busy busy.

Bittersweet is Shauna's next book. It's not a sequel--it's all about those harder seasons in her life and how instead of being a waste, those times are what made the sun all the more brighter.  Without the times of confusion, heartbreak, sadness, and grief.... we would never grow.  Being stretched and challenged is a wonderful thing.  What would life be if it was all grins and sunshine and we never learned anything? I loved how Shauna compared life to bittersweet, dark chocolate. 

Haven't finished reading this one yet, but An Adoptive Family's Memoir by Kate and Mark Skidmore is an awesome story about God's faithfulness and provision as this family adopted two girls, Maria and Rhoda, from an orphanage in Uganda.  I absolutely love reading about anything having to do with adoption and Africa, and this book is about BOTH. :) And guess what-- I even got to meet this family as they go to my aunt and uncle's church in Michigan!!! That was so cool.

So that's what I've been reading. Any suggestions for me as it's summer and I no longer have to put off reading after I'm finished with my biology homework? What are you reading lately?

Comments

Popular Posts