just today.

there are five different lamps on scattered throughout the room. the water is heating for tea, i can hear it hissing and bubbling and roaring until the anticipated 'click' that signals its completion. sundays are perfect for these sights and sounds. i realize that today is the beginning of the new week, yet, for me, it's usually a day of reflection of the old.

today i went to church, to coffee with my friend Hannah, to a spontaneous lunch with my grandparents, cousin, and new friends, and back home again. i've been referring to my dorm as "home", and realizing that i have no problem with doing so. hungary will always be home, but who says that the familiar sidewalks of farm lane and west circle drive can't make my heart at peace the same way that múskátli ut. can? i have more than enough room in my heart for it all.

the water for tea goes cold again when i cannot seem to lift myself from the futon. but it's okay,
there's plenty of time to reheat it. especially on sunday.

right now my love for life looks like relaxation in the old dorm, fuzzy blankets and phone calls. tomorrow and the next day it may look like having the courage to put on my brown boots once again to to trek out to face whatever the day holds. regardless of the day of the week, i can tell that i'm loving life when i'm praising, thanking, dreaming, hoping in something bigger than myself.

i'm so glad that psalm 34 was written. "who out there has a lust for life? can't wait each day to come upon beauty?" -- vs. 12

in the margin i have written: "yes, me!"

then it tells me: "keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies. turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it."

so i go reheat the water for tea. i keep living like life is good, and there's beauty everywhere. i can sigh when i'm tired, and skip when i feel like it. i can look forward in hope to the future and still live just in today. just in this sunday.



Comments

  1. I love you! You truly have a gift with words, Jane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this! I love you!! Just wish I could write like you do!!

      Delete
  2. You are indeed a gifted writer. This is so encouraging :) Just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jane, So glad you are at home at West Circle as well as Muskátli 5.Thank for writing and giving us a glimpse into your world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts