friday, Good friday.

today is:




waking up slow
unrushed breakfast
phone calls home
writing papers in comfortable chairs, balancing my laptop on my knees
walking past fountains that have once again been turned out to spout water and welcome spring
lunch with laura
guacamole sandwiches
skipping the Sudoku in the paper because it's level 4 (there is no way)
remembering i have a blog
anticipating Easter
feeling a little heaviness in the air and in my chest, just thinking about Good Friday and all it entails




today is like holding in my breath a little bit. eyes wide open, alert and expectant. there is sober remembrance mixed with unbelievable gratitude. because before the resurrection there must be pain, death, and the grave. going down to the depths before rising with Him in victory. and then, the mercy: it's all unaccounted for. it has me at every turn.


soon i will exhale my pent up breath. i will celebrate the life that's un-condemned, made possible by death and betrayal of the one who loves us that much. i will lift up my hands to praise my living God. but today... is still Good Friday, and i remember the pain that my sin has cost.


it is a good friday, indeed.







Comments

Popular Posts