the house where i lived

i'm all cozied up now in the house i grew up in.  all of a sudden the days are spent sprawling on the couch instead of hunching over a computer with crazy, bleary eyes, typing my heart out days before a deadline.  after a busy semester, i'm finally back with my family, and i'm no where near my usual MSU surroundings.  

this is the house i came back to after long basketball practices.  there would be a plate of warmed up food waiting for me at the table.  this is the house where i learned the art of journaling and poetry, where i started this blog, and where i read some really good books.  

it's good to be back in this place where i did so much growing up.  each year i'm a little bit different... even as i come back to these same walls, these same couches, these same blankets to keep me warm.  i'm thankful for the 7th grade person i used to be as i ate and drank in this house.  but i'm also glad i'm not her anymore.  

...

this afternoon i ate lunch around a little round table with my parents.  i reached down to scratch my dog's ear even as i forked salad into my mouth.  so thankful to be home. 


Comments

Popular Posts