"Hope is the thing with feathers..."

....Here's to you! Whoever is reading this blog after the spurts of posts and long stretches of silence! You are the real hero and (let's be real) probably one of my best friends. (Lookin at you, family!!)

So, here's where I'm at:

Perhaps it's the couple years of professional employment I have under my belt since graduation. Perhaps it's the fact that I'm 25 and feel- for some crazy reason- that I can fly by the seat of my pants and land on my feet without wobbling. Whatever the reason, and without being too dramatic here, I am STRUGGLING. Turns out it actually takes some work and planning to take care of your adult self in effective and successful ways. HUH.

So here's to all the things I have learned, unlearned, and re-learned along the way...

For example...

1) Deep breaths. In through the nose, out through the mouth. It's amazing how many times I hold my breath during stressful times without even realizing it.

2) Power poses in the bathroom before a meeting actually WORK and do increase my confidence.

3)  Laughing with friends goes a long way in alleviating stress and making me feel connected.

4)  That small blue patch in the sky on an overcast Sunday afternoon? Yeah, that's hope right there. Spring is coming (in the weather and in the soul).  "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul -and sings the tunes without words- and never stops at all." -Emily Dickinson

And that's all for now, folks. Have a comforting and hopeful Sunday evening!





Comments

  1. So happy to hear your thoughts and see the patch of blue sky on your horizon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dad! Yep- the blue sky is there! Love you

      Delete
  2. I love your blog!!! I love what you wrote and I love that picture! Cheering for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts