Five Things I'm Thankful For

Sitting here on a Friday evening typing out a post on things I am thankful for makes me think of all the other times I've done this. For a stint I was doing this weekly, and calling it "Friday Thankfuls." But I have never done this during a global pandemic-- one that I feel is best described as "unprecedented," no matter how overused that word is. 

And so I will just begin. I am thankful for...

1) Coffee & Tea. The rituals they provide are so comforting. In the morning, coffee. In the evening, tea. Maybe I'll get fancy and measure my coffee grounds and ounces of water... or maybe not! Either way, I'm down for a hot cup pretty much all the time (unless it's after 2pm)

2) Goodreads, the app. Lately I have loved tracking my reading using this app! It's like the "social media for books," and definitely the healthiest form of social media I know. 

3) This song: Day by Day-- by the Porter's Gate
Listening to it, playing it on the piano. It is my favorite lately! A calming benediction.

4) A consistent work schedule. My shifts have changed due to the virus, but I am thankful to have predictable work.

5) Puzzles and board games have been providing a necessary reprieve from life lately. They occupy my brain space in a different way than zoning out in front of a TV show, and I am grateful for the feeling of accomplishment they provide. I know that sounds trite, but it's true!

Happy Friday, everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts