friday afternoon quiet.

right now the dorm hall is quiet. girls are probably out and about with classes or work, and some have already gone home for the weekend. i'm listening to the on and off pitter patter of raindrops from my Walmart futon in my dorm room, thinking about the world, my life, this weekend, this past week. i'm also debating on whether or not to go get a cookie from the cafeteria.... hopefully writing will distract me.
i have a couple other blogs that i absolutely adore, and check on a weekly.... maybe daily basis. :) they're beautiful blogs about Africa, international adoption, missions, God, photography, family. while sometimes i should definetly be doing my homework instead of checking to see if a new post has been written the last 45 minutes, they are super encouraging. i love regaining that perspective about the world, and realizing how there is so much more going on than just what's within my dorm room, and my life...
it's good to open my heart and mind to the realities of the world, even if it's painful. it's good to know what's going on in the lives of my family (in MI and Hungary) and my friends, sprinkled all over America and Europe. how easily i can forget these things.
i could easily make the next two weeks solely about school as i am wrapping up my freshman year. but i don't want to forget what God's doing around me: in the world, in the lives of my friends and family, and on this hall that i live on with dozens of other girls. i just have to look up and listen.

Comments

Popular Posts