[Resuming] Friday Thankfuls

31)  Thankful for multiple roadtrips to Kalamazoo, Lansing, Grand Rapids, Flint, and even one to Chicago and a vacation in New Buffalo.  Visiting with old friends and family members, and even the act of travelling itself, bring a special refreshment and healing that I desparetely needed.  Late night convesations, changes in scenery, worshipping in different churches, long-overdue cries and hysterical laughing, and even brats on the grill--- these have all served as wide open places for my soul.

32)  Thankful for a dear friend who is getting married in August.  I am blown away to have the priviledge of standing next to her on day.

33)  Thankful for bike rides just for fun, and not as a means to get to class or work as fast as possible.  I have loved exploring New Buffalo via bicycle, as well as pedaling around the neighborhood as a way to have my quiet time.

34)  Thankful for my dad coming to the Great Lakes State just to hang out with Sarah and me.  It sure has made me miss the other 2/5ths of my family back in Diosd.  But I am so glad to be together and talk and pretend time has stopped during this brief gap between two busy seasons.

35)  Thankful to unpack my burdens, one by one, onto my ever-patient God who loves to smother grace over every inch of my life.
Because it feels wrong to post a blog without a picture, and because it's beautiful, obviously. (Taken in Uganda)

Comments

Popular Posts