love like a 2nd grader

last week my camp-life basically flipped upside down. 

instead of cleaning bathrooms all day i am now responsible for up to 10 elementary girls a week. 

and let me tell you, most of the week was spontaneous & impromptu. some ideas worked and some just didn't. there were some frustrating moments, but also some golden ones.... which are the ones i will remember.

but what stood out to me is the way 2nd and 3rd graders light up around beautiful things.  their transparency is refreshing and humbling. they would show me their art projects like they were masterpieces (because they were), and oooh and ahhhh over flowers like they had never seen them before.  they would raise their hands in worship and tell me they were going to change the world. 

i want to be more like them.

so thank you to the seven girls who showed me how to love Jesus more like the very real friend that he is. 

bring it on week 6. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts