Sisters, sisters.

A sister is a big part of who I am.  Especially the fact that I am a sister to sisters.  I have no idea what it’s like to be a sister to brothers.  Except when my boy cousins shoot water in my face from 2 feet away in the grandparents’ pool. That gives me a little idea I guess.  (Shout out to my boy cousins—I love you guys).

Anyways, I am lots of things, but I am a sister. What does this mean to me?  It means that I have two permanent friends.  Geography and proximity just don’t matter within our sisterhood.  We go for weeks when we talk a lot.  I shoot my Hungary-sister lots of facebook messages, and my Michigan-sister text after text.  Then there’s those busy weeks and months when we go a little longer without talking.  And even though I’m running to my car, to my job, to the store, blah blah blah, I notice the difference.  I know when we haven’t talked.  And then we make up for it, and we somehow catch up in the end.

I am the middle of us 3 girls.  Which I think is a great place to be.  Despite jokes on birth order, being in the middle is totally fine with me!  One sister goes through a whole string of “firsts”, and then I get to do the same…. Just second. :) I get to watch her be brave. And she is.  She's brave and lovely at the same time. Meanwhile my younger sister is becoming a senior in high school, and learning and growing in ways that I never did when I was 18! I love being so proud of her. I could make a living out of it.

I am a sister.  Which, in our case, implies deep friendship and a million memories.  I share more inside jokes with them than anyone else. More memorized movie quotes, more golden and not so golden life experiences.  That’s just how it is.  It’s all-encompassing, good and bad hair days, good and bad decisions. But a whole lot of good.

I am so happy and thankful to be sandwiched between these two sister-friends.  

To Sista and HeathyLou—I love you guys.

 blowing dandelions in Berlin

 strolling in the hills behind Ikea. (budafok? torokbalint? help me out, fam!)

Comments

Popular Posts