rain and candles.

yesterday was the kind of sunday where i didn't leave my neighborhood after church. it was raining off and on, which i loved. i felt like the rain gave me permission to stay in my room, close the door, light a candle and enjoy the indoors (which is not a phrase that's used very often). i've also figured out how i can do my online class AND lay my head on my pillow. it's amazing. sitting in an actual lecture hall again will be kind of a challenge.

around 8pm i went on a walk. the air was heavy, like the sky was exhausted from the constant drizzle of the afternoon. my neighborhood is beautiful, i think. i walked by cozy cul-de-sacs, twinkle lights in people's backyards, painted window shutters, and flawless landscaping.  somehow the streets and sidewalks felt melancholy to me.

a few hours later i crawled into clean sheets and slept hard. the whole day was like the kind of gift you open with relief and say... "that's exactly what i needed!" homework and alone-liness included.

Comments

Popular Posts