presents to me from the Lord

these are a few of the gifts Jesus has given me lately:

when i spilled coffee on my shirt at work last week, my sweet coworker ran out to her car are gave me a fun sparkly shirt and a new pair of jeans to wear. i wore them all day and marveled at how a coworker would let me borrow such nice clothes. i felt like i was going to a new years eve party. 

at church on sunday i got to take communion, which always makes me think about the Gospel in such a tangible way that i can understand better. every step from the pew to the table was a step i didn't deserve. i literally got to come to the table where Jesus is. 

also at church on sunday i got to sit unexpectedly between my boyfriend and some dear family friends. i was surrounded by people who know me well as i was worshiping a God who knows me completely. 

on sunday night i arrived back in East Lansing. i was tired and ready for bed at 7:15pm. but first, my friend nicole had dinner all ready for me. i set my bags down in my room, changed my contacts for glasses and my boots for flip flops, and sat down in our kitchen to a steaming plate of fried rice. you know when a plate of dinner is more than just food? that's how i felt. almost like my belly full of rice and my heart full of thanks were one and the same. it was exactly what i needed.

Comments

Popular Posts