A list of things currently bringing me comfort

Do you ever audibly sigh or groan for an unidentified reason? Lately when I do this I realize that I am either


a) bored

b) restless/agitated

c) annoyed


Despite finding myself in these feeling "loops" pretty often lately, there are several things that have been bringing me comfort on a daily basis, and comfort, I increasingly realize, is a feeling state I hold in high regard. (Isn't it great that being ecstatic or SUPER happy doesn't have to be the goal all the time! How exhausting would that be) :)

So, a list of things currently bringing me comfort:

1)  Lavender chamomile tea. My sister in law sent me a care package a few weeks ago of some lovely loose leaf tea! And as much as I love coffee, this tea is delicious. Awhile ago I read an article about the science of holding a hot mug and how it increases your mood. I wish I could say I fact-checked that and researched peer reviewed studies, but at least the placebo effect works for me! :)

2) Daily pilates. I love the "thwack" sound as I roll out my mat. There's no going back after that mat has been rolled out, and that decisive moment does help with my motivation to be consistent. 

3) Seeing my neighborhood. It sounds strange, but when life is such a blur I don't really "see" what is around me. I don't want to just occupy this property in our neighborhood, I want to live here in such a way where I notice the beauty of our street and our block. It may not be on "Kalamaoo's ten most attractive places" list, but... it really is beautiful.  

4) A new app to create a shared grocery list between Tom and I. Yay for marriage! Yay for not buying duplicate bananas! Yay for technology!

5) Uncomplicated healthy routines. Here's to the routines that will ALWAYS be a good idea, no matter what cooler trendier things the lifestyle bloggers say you gotta do. Because if you know me, you know. Conflicting pieces of advice just aren't my favorite :) Anyways! Drink your water, move your body, eat your veggies. Sigh of relief. 

I hope you enjoy some simple sources of comfort today. 



Comments

Popular Posts