a minor incident...

From this...



















.... to this.


















Unfortunately, this isn't the first time this has happened to me. Ending up on a couch with ice on a swollen ankle is somewhat of a common occurrence. :) This time the incident didn't happen on a volleyball or basketball court; it was a little less dramatic. I was just a little hasty getting off my bike for my math class, and ....whoops! So I hobbled off to class and found a friend (I call them "friends", but they are more like acquaintances as I have only known them for a few days) and she helped me prop up my foot. Then I biked my way to the Olin Health Center, and snapped the second picture on my handy dandy iPhone.
I have been home for Labor Day weekend... so nice!! I probably won't come back to Kalamazoo in awhile, so this is perfect for me. I am realizing more and more how much I LOVE my family and how different it is without their funny and weird humor, hugs.... I miss sharing meals with them and having spontaneous movie nights while eating homemade carmel corn and drinking slurpies made by my own dad. :)
I am leaving in about an hour and i don't want to go back!! This weekend helped me process some of my thinking a little bit more. Somewhere in my head, I wanted to make friends in 3 days. Like good friends. I felt like I was scrambling around to make friends so fast and find people who were just like me who would naturally become my good friends! I was convicted about not resting in God. He absolutely knows my needs; He knows I need friends, and He'll provide. I just need to rest and relax in Jesus.

Comments

Popular Posts