pt I: happenings around campus. pt II: sunday afternoon thoughts.

I.
it amazes how i'm walking around this campus of 47 THOUSAND students, yet i'll run into someone i know... or make some connection with someone. :) it makes me me smile, because i feel like God is making this campus feel smaller to me everyday, because He is the one orchestrating who i meet in my classes, or in the cafeteria. i cannot believe some of the things that have happened!! i'll share a few:
-sometimes when i don't have anyone to sit with in the caf, i'll find a random girl and introduce myself. usually they are happy to sit with me. so that happened the other day. her name is Rachel and she was super nice and we had a good conversation. then, when i get up to leave, i wonder if i'll ever see them again. it's a weird feeling! but a few days later i went to my first bible study meeting of about 12 girls, and guess who was sitting on the same couch as me?? Rachel!! :)
-i was just in the computer lab printing something, and the guy next to me i recognized from the CRU meeting called "Real Life" that meets every thursday night. i saw he was contacting people with this little "spiritual interest" sign up sheet that they give to students. so we talked a little, and i'm about to go have dinner with some of the bible study people before we all go to Real Life together. (basically, Real Life is a big meeting where alllll the bible studies around campus come to worship together and hear a speaker. i've only been to one, but i loved it)
II.
...so basically, i started writing this post last thursday and i never finished it... but let's just say i'm not AS encouraged as the beginning of this post sounds! part of that is probably saying bye to my family again and realizing how much homework i have now. also, i start work in the cafeteria tomorrow, so my life will be even busier.
but, i was thinking of all i have to do today, and this verse entered my mind. i'm sure in the weeks to come it will be an encouragment to me in the weeks to come as i want to just keep on keepin' on.
"I can do all things through Christ who stregnthens me." -Phil. 4:13

Comments

Popular Posts