why this was the best valentine's day gift ever

my dad emailed me this picture on valentine's day.  when i lived at home, i used to wake up on valentine's day to flowers or a card or something from my parents.  this year they ordered me the sweetest pink helium balloon which floated contentedly by my window for a couple weeks before it started dragging on the floor.
anyways, on the 14th i opened this picture from my dad:
[first of all--isn't that superhero panda frame hilarious?? love it]
anyways, this is the bouquet he gave to my mom. it dawned on me the other day that having my dad love my mom like that is the best give i could receive.
MY DAD LOVES MY MOM.  how blessed i am to grow up with that.  for the kids i spent my summer with in Uganda--that mostly wasn't true for them.  for so many people i know here at State-- my heart breaks that that isn't the reality for them when they go home for the weekend. how i wish it was true for everyone.

but i am so thankful.
thank you, mom & dad, for loving eachother, and loving me!

Comments

  1. What a special post for me to read Jane. So appreciate you. Glad you liked the superhero panda frame!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts