[Friday Thankfuls]

there's something satisfying about sitting down friday afternoon and practicing a little thankfulness.  it requires me to think back, alllll the way back to last weekend, and dig out those moments where something was said or done, seen or heard, or even eaten and enjoyed that makes me want to say thank you, Jesus.
so, thankful for...
6)  a spontaneous trip to Lowell with my roommate Brynlee to eat spaghetti and strawberry shortcake with her parents and grandparents.  just the refreshment i needed to start a new week.  also, they are hilarious.
7)  someone in one of my classes who noticed i had missed a lecture and sent me the notes without me even asking! (for the record, it was the first time i had ever missed that class) :)
8)  this quote from Shauna Niequist's Bittersweet:
"Now is your time.  Become, believe, try.  Walk closely with people you love, and with other people who believe that God is very good and life is a grand adventure.  Don't spend time with people who make you feel like less than you are.  Don't get stuck in the past, and don't try to fast-forward yourself into a future you haven't yet earned.  Give today all the love and intensity and courage you can, and keep traveling honestly along life's path."
9)  some encouraging and fun and funny times sitting on the futon and chatting with Brynlee and our Chinese friend Cindy from down the hall.
10)  a delicious honeycrisp apple from Aunt Jean.  my favorite!
 

Comments

  1. Fun to read your thankfulness. You are what I am thankful for Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read your thankfuls, too! Looking forward to next Friday! Thankful for Brynlee and her family, the person in your class, Cindy, Aunt Jean, and YOU!!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, for the record, this is the first time I've caught up on your blog in awhile... otherwise I would have said something sooner! I am thankful you endured a Lowell visit and I am ALWAYS thankful for your incredible patience in all our funny circumstances. ;) Can't wait for tomorrow's!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts