it's all grace

it's all grace.  when i make eye contact with a stranger on the sidewalk and we both smile at each other before going out separate ways-- it's like God and humanity and busy college life were all present in that tiny sweet moment.  it's all grace when i get up early on a tuesday morning to fry some eggs and two friends whisper "good morning" to me in the hallway.  and i smile behind my glasses and messy hair while i hold the all my breakfast supplies in the crook of my elbows.  it's another day, and sometimes mornings are hard, but a whispered "good morning" is all i need to remind me of Goodness and Mercy.

it's all grace when a phone call or a text or a letter come my way from all around the globe.  a joke, a funny story, a prayer request, a "hello, how are you?" even those lengthy texts telling stories of heart ache and stress i get from dear people... it's by grace that we can even share and ache together.

as Ann Voskamp says in her blog, we just keep circling around the Gospel as we go about our days.  whether we're happily bumping elbows with loved ones around the table, or drinking tea without a soul in sight, we're loved and grace abounds.  even now, with notes scattered on the table and The Impending Midterm over my head, highlighters running dry just like my ability to understand social policy reforms, there's joy somewhere in all this.  sometimes i feel like "i can be spun sick dizzy before 9 in the morning", but then i must stop and remember the apple butter bread given to me in my dorm and my mom flying to visit in two weeks, and the Love that's weightier than my drooping eyelids during 5pm stats class.

basically, Jesus has a lot of love for his people, and i'm glad to experience it this tuesday.

Comments

Popular Posts