Living in Kalamazoo Pt II

After all the optimism of my last post, I have now realized that new things can actually be hard and tiring! I'm still very much a "new person" at my church, trying to figure out all the ministries and where I will find my rhythm. At a newcomers gathering this afternoon, I met a sweet family who are also new and wondering, just like me. I purposely sat down at the round table where they were sitting because I just LOVE meeting sweet little (and big!) families and becoming friends and waving at their kids every time I see them. I asked one of the girls where she goes to school, and she squealed, "Indian Prairie!" Ah! It's my elementary alma mater that I have this strangely strong and wonderful bond with, and I couldn't be happier to hear that she goes there too. She even had a teacher that I had 15 years ago... Couldn't believe it!

And with that, my favorite moment of today, I will return to doing the stuff of this ridiculous MSW program (homework).

Happy Sunday!

Comments

Popular Posts