Summer School Days

The outside sitting area of the College of Health and Human Services is super nice. I'm sitting at a table under a bright yellow umbrella, using the wifi from the building. We (the 18 of us in this program) just had a bit of a rough class that lacked the punch and panache that I love to see in a social work course. But that's okay. There's a million things that happen out in real life between classes, and they can weigh heavy. We got out early and I imagine that people are sitting quietly in different pockets inside and outside of the building, just like me. Sometimes we chat about our outside-school lives, sometimes we talk social work, and sometimes we just do our own thing.

Me? I'm lovin this sunshine. Wish everything could be as simple as the sweet, sultry sunshine. I drove by a rehab center on the way to class today couldn't shake the struggles that are going on in that small building today, even on an ordinary Tuesday. (or maybe especially on an ordinary Tuesday!) People are kicking addictions in there and I'm so proud of them. Lord, help them, and help me as I go to class and process more information about your world and the people in it. (and help me with my own issues!)

But also, thank you. For the girls to sit with outside between classes, for the lemons in my water that make it taste that much better, for my Lysa Terkeurst devotional that hits the spot. Alrighty and Amen. Back to class now.










Comments

Popular Posts