January can be fun too.

Hey from the other side of the holidays! 2016 is still sparkling and new!

However, I'll be honest and say that usually January is my least favorite month.  Too often, I hold this as my personal fact of life and submit myself to the winter blues.  I mean, school is starting back up, we have to scrape our cars, and my parents just moved back to Hungary.  This January, however, I find myself eager and excited.  I'm excited for evenings in as the snow piles up outside.  I'm looking forward to getting good nights of sleep and settling into a rhythm of learning as much as possible, leaning into grace, and using my student discount as much as possible for my last semester at WMU! :)

Yesterday my roommate and I rearranged our living room.  I love the change!  We created a coffee and tea corner, de-cluttered our kitchen, and quite possibly put a few tiny scratches in our floor after dragging furniture all over the place. We then made dinner for our boyfriends-- complete with place mats and napkins carefully rolled around silverware. I couldn't get over how grown-up and fun it all felt.

And now I'm sitting in the atrium of my school between classes.  The two hour class I had this morning was incredible.  It's started to dawn on me that in a few months I will recycle my syllabai for the last time and start thinking about my case load of clients instead of my course load of classes. WHOOO.  Even my professors are starting to prepare us for the national board exam to become a licensed social worker instead of their own midterms! The transition from school to out of school is gettin' REAL, people.

I hope you all have a warm, happy January. And I do mean that most sincerely. :)



Comments

Popular Posts