from my journal.

Hey friends,
Yup. My last blog post was only 12 days into my 56 day trip to Uganda! Whooops! Well, at least I journaled. But I still have so much think about and process. Here's a small excerpt from my journal about heaven that I wanted to share:
July 18th, 2012
"A few thoughts about going home.  This whole trip I’ve realized those seemingly obvious things again, like how food doesn’t truly satisfy, nor does facebook time, working internet, movies, or even friends.  But something I didn’t really think about is how even going home won’t satisfy and fill my hurting heart. It’s hard to be here, I’m not gonna try to pretend it’s easy and fun all the time.  So my most natural thought in those hard moments is, I can’t wait to go home.  But, the reality is that I’ll get to Hungary and then be heartbroken to be gone.  I’ll miss the red dust constantly on the soles of my feet, the Wednesday night missionary devotions, the intern times, the daily hugs and hearing “Auntie Janie, Auntie Janie!!!” all the time.  Going home to my parents in Hungary will be absolutely wonderful, but it won’t fulfill every aching desire of my heart, because the only place that that can happen is Heaven.  In Heaven there will be no aching hearts, no tears, no band aids or clinics, no social workers, no counselors, no broken relationships.  He will reconcile all things to Himself, making even our human bodies into eternal heavenly bodies that will never sag or wrinkle.  We will never need a tissue to blow our nose because we will never get sick.  We won’t have any scars because there will be no surgery.  Heaven will be infinite times better than being at Passion Live singing “How Great is Our God”—the World Version by Chris Tomlin.  I absolutely cannot wait.  I will sing alongside Hungarians, Ugandans, Americans, and every other nationality before the throne of our wonderful God and King.  This is my ultimate home.  In Heaven will be perfect contentment and rest.  No place can satisfy my heart fully on this earth.  Even when I finally get to somewhere I’ve wanted to go, my fickle heart will want what was, or what is next.  This is a freeing thought, that Heaven is my true home.  It helps me have healthy expectations for going to Hungary, and then back to America.  I am not expecting any place here on this world to supply everything my heart aches for.  Instead I want to keep seeking the Lord in these places, and worship Him along the believers He has put in my life.  How cool it is that right now there are real Jesus-loving believers scattered all throughout the globe.  Differences of culture and nationality are nothing compared to the bonds that are formed between brother and sisters in Christ.  What unites us as Christians is so much more than what divides us." 
Thanks for processing with me, guys! More later.

Comments

  1. Love this! You are absoltuley right! Praying for your trip and adjustment back to college and Michgan. Robb

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts