you, the artist.

i have no idea why, but one of my social work professors remembers my name by thinking of me as "Janie the Artist".  when she asked me if i was an artist, as if to validate her first impression, i quickly shook my head no.  (i might add that i may be a little bit intimidated by this professor).  but then, before she walked away, i said, "well, i am a writer!" (ohh, the revelations you'll have about yourself in a social work class!!)

and she nodded in agreement.  and for maybe the first time, i did feel like an artist.  writing is an art.  cooking is an art.  all things that add beauty, knowledge, and nourishment are art forms.  loving someone is an art. 

"The more I think it over, the more i feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people." 
--Vincent Van Gogh





   

Comments

Popular Posts