Love

this week hovers over me like a smothering blanket.  but also?  Love hovers over me.  there was Love last week, Love right now as Sunday night holds its breath, and Love for the future, waiting to meet me tomorrow and the next 6 tomorrows. lately i've been afraid of not getting enough sleep to do well in everything that i want to excel in.  but there's Love to meet that specific fear.

"surprise us with love at daybreak; then we'll skip and dance all the day long." --psalm 90: 14, the Message

"God told them, ' i've never quit loving you and never will.  expect love, love, and more love!" --jeremiah 31: 3, the Message

Love, surprise me!

and then... Love, i expect you!

so i'm over here trying to look to Jesus-- not to the early mornings, the 8 hour shifts, the senior year craziness and all the deadlines.  (and i thought senior year of high school was busy??)

now i'm gonna go pack my backpack like my 5th grade self used to do, read in bed and fall asleep.

Comments

  1. So, so beautiful and so, so true! God LOVES us!!
    Thank you so much for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can look back at your 5th grade picture in your school bus picture collection and recall my cute Jane heading off to school with her backpack in tow. Great verses you found. I'm sure this blog post helped you to sleep better. Great night time meditation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts