one of my favorite prayers

the Lord bless you and keep you.
the Lord make his face shine upon you, 
and give you peace.

...

this is my go-to prayer as i walk around Mother Teresa House.  it works for pretty much everyone-- dying people, very-much-alive people, people who are walking with Jesus, and people who are not.  it works for myself too.  sometimes it's weird to replace "you" with "me", but i think it's what Jesus wants me to ask of him. 

Lord, bless me and keep me. 
make your face shine upon me, 
and give me peace!!

you can yell it in your car, whisper it on the sidewalk, or exhale it before going to sleep.  

one of my friend's moms prayed it for me one time as she hugged me goodbye.  i remember her hand on my head, and the sincerity of her pleading voice.  it was really beautiful. 

... 



Comments

Popular Posts