"Friday Thankfuls " (i know, i know)

this week was full.

full with all the "lasts" that the week before final exams brings. full of econ and more econ. full of running through the cafeteria for three slurps of a smoothie (my "breakfast"), and lingering at the table for dinner with church friends and family.  my mood pendulum was all over the place, swinging ferociously between feeling excited to live this gift of a life, to feeling down and alone for no reason at all.

and now here i am. missed friday, so doing "friday thankfuls" on saturday. yup.

and i'm practicing thanksgiving, because sometimes it is something i need to practice, although i wish it was a habit, a natural tendency.

26)  thankful for you all. seriously, thank you readers! i type something out, hit publish, and then you take the time to read it! it really amazes me. thanks for the feedback, comments, emails, and affirmation in general. thank you, friends and family, for your kindness in this.

27)  thankful for a skype date with my dad on monday. it was a great 40 minutes, and i walked to my next class smiling because of a good time catching up.

28)  thankful for mid-morning smoothies with a girl i met in psych 101 last spring. i love it when classmates become friends.

29)  thankful for words of affirmation from my cousin and friend Laura about a previous blogpost. (see #26) words like that stick with me and i was so thankful that she shared them with me.

30)  thankful for a visit from my friend and 2nd grade sunday school teacher yesterday. every time she comes to MSU it is a fun, life-giving time to share and catch up. our times are always full of hugs and prayers, two really great things. :)




Comments

  1. I love reading your Friday Thankfuls, dear Jane!!
    Love you and really looking forward to hearing your voice soon!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts