Friday Thankfuls

I've kinda dreaded writing this week's edition of Friday Thankfuls.  I thought about it during work: "What can I write about this week to be thankful for???  What should I wriiiiiiite abooooouuuuut??" [in annoying whiny voice].  I sound like a little kid throwing a mini-tantrum here, but honestly it's where I was at a little this week.  So now it's almost 6 pm and the first time I've sat down in my room all day.  No more putting this baby off.

21)  Thankful for the yellow tulips that seemed to literally burst out of the ground overnight.  Seriously, I just noticed them one morning, all bright and blowing in the wind, as if to say "yes, it is really spring!!"

22)  Thankful for the blue shiny nail polish adorning my nails.  Two people told me it looks professionally done.... wow.  Umm, thank you!! But I really just love how it looks there as I clack away on the keyboard or scribble notes in class.

23)  Thankful for last Saturday, going to the farmer's market with my freshman-year roommate, Hannah.  I barely ever see this girl.... maybe it has to do with the fact that she is a varsity rower at MSU.  But it's a treat whenever I do see her.  We enjoyed catching up while meandering between venders of organic cheese and chocolate and salsa.

24)  Thankful for feeling so encouraged at church on Sunday morning.  The sermon was about Jesus being our shepherd.  Psalm 23:1 -- The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.  God, my shepherd!  I don't need a thing. (Message version)

25)  Thankful for skype sessions, vox messages, phonecalls, emails, texts, and facebook wall posts from my family this week.  Ugh, I looooove my family!

Comments

Popular Posts